Places to Visit and Things to Do in Kartepe-2024
Winter holiday plans continue to be made without slowing down! Many families are looking for fun destinations for a little getaway during their children's semester break or New Year's holiday. If you would like to spend your winter holiday to the fullest and visit new places, we can recommend Kartepe.
Kartepe, where you will feel like you are in a winter fairy tale, promises a wonderful holiday with its delicious breakfasts, ski slopes of different difficulty levels and spotless hotels. Here are the places to visit and things to do in Kartepe!
Places to Visit in Kartepe
1. Ormanya (Uzuntarla Nature Park)
Spreading over an area of 2 thousand decares, Ormanya welcomes its guests with the slogan "The largest nature park on the European side". Ormanya, which makes you feel like you are in the heart of nature, is a wonderful place that you can explore with your loved ones.
There are 66 species of animals in the natural habitat, which contains approximately 750 animals. Many areas such as wildlife areas, hiking trails, picnic areas and tent camps are waiting for you in Ormanya. You should certainly visit Ormanya, which presents the most beautiful views of nature like a photograph, during your winter holiday.
2. Kartepe Ski Center
You can't go to Kartepe and not ski! You can reach the Kartepe Ski Center quite easily, which is among the best ski resorts in our country. Anyone who is interested in skiing can have a pleasant time at Kartepe Ski Center, as the center has slopes that are suitable for different difficulty levels. Additionally, this ski resort has a magnificent view of Sapanca Lake!
3. Soğuksu National Park
If you would like to have breakfast outdoors with your loved ones, Soğuksu might be the right choice for you! You can spend time with your loved ones in this picnic area that is accompanied by a wonderful view of the gulf. It is believed that Maşukiye Water, also known as Soğuksu, located in the Soğuksu National Park, is healing. The picnic area, which attracts visitors just for this water, offers a pleasant forest atmosphere with its old pine and plane trees, creating an opportunity for its visitors to have a great time.
Eşme, a picnic area full of quince trees, offers you the chance to have a picnic in the heart of nature. You can pick quince from quince trees in Eşme, which is approximately 10 km away from Kartepe and have a pleasant picnic with your loved ones. You can watch the exquisite beauty of nature in this little-known hidden paradise of Kocaeli.
5. Lake Aygır
Starting from the summit of Kartepe, Lake Aygır is a stream flowing into Sapanca Lake. Maşukiye Waterfall is one of the most popular beauties of the region! Lake Aygır, one of the natural beauties of Kartepe, is one of the favorite locations of sports fans with its walking trails. You should visit Lake Aygır to take a walk with the calming sound of water and to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Things to Do in Kartepe
You can find many activities to do when you go to Kartepe, one of the popular locations. You can visit the natural wonders that we have mentioned and find different activities to do. Here are the things you should do when you go to Kartepe:
- If you enjoy winter sports, you should certainly go skiing when you go to Kartepe. You can enjoy the pure white beauty by sliding down from the summit with snow height reaching 5 meters in winter months. Then, you can go to the recreation facility and sip your hot chocolate next to the fireplace or taste the sausage bread which is a must in the ski resorts.
- When you go to Kartepe, do not leave without tasting the local delicacies! Tastes such as trout, quince dessert, meatballs, Izmit pişmaniyesi (Turkish fairy floss), Ovma soup, Gebze mantı (Turkish type ravioli) and Çene suyu are among the local flavors of the region. You can find many of these flavors in local restaurants in the region. In addition to these delicacies, homemade jams are also quite famous in Kartepe.
- Do not miss out on the fun events! If you enjoy nightlife, you can have wonderful nights in Kartepe during your winter holiday. The nightlife, which becomes more colorful with the start of the ski season, includes live music, DJ performances, concerts and many other stages shows. In addition, the after-ski parties that start during the ski season are also very interesting events.
- If you are fond of sports, you should join a group or individual trekking tour in Kartepe, which is suitable for nature activities. You can have a pleasant time by participating in trekking trails and activities that make walking fun.
- If you are thinking of going to Kartepe in the spring, you should visit the golf courses. Offering a suitable environment for those who want to play golf, the academies host the guests who come to Kartepe in the best way possible.
- ATV and bicycle tours and snowmobiles are among the activities that attract the attention of extreme sports lovers. Paragliding, horseback riding and bird watching are among the other activities that you can choose from. Considering the diversity of birds living on Sapanca Lake, we can say that bird watching is frequently done. You can have a pleasant experience by participating in tours that are organized to observe these creatures, which are also found in recreation areas.