With the end of summer, it is time to embrace the beauty of autumn season. Along with warm sweaters and light rain, this season has plenty of vegetables and fruits to make delightful snacks. In this gorgeous season, you can make mouth-watering delicious treats using autumn vegetables and fruits. Whether you're having a quiet night or hosting an autumn-themed get-together, you'll have delicious moments with these recipes!
The Perfect Harmony of Sweet and Savory: Stuffed Quince
Although quince is associated with sweet recipes, stuffed quince can change this narrative. With the perfect harmony of sweet and savory, you can prepare stuffed quince, which appeals to the palate and the eye, in a very practical way.
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 3 quinces
- 1 teacup of rice
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper, and allspice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup
- 7 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 cups of water
- Cut the top part of the quinces in a round shape to form a lid.
- Trim the bottom of the quince to keep it in balance. Carve the inside of the quinces well.
- Prepare water with lemon so that the quinces won’t get dark brown spots and soak them in water with their lids on.
- Combine the ground meat, rice, chopped onions and spices and convert it into stuffing.
- Stuff the carved quinces with stuffing and place them in the pot.
- Pour the pomegranate syrup and molasses over the quinces and close the lid of the pot.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pot and start cooking on medium heat.
- When the water starts to bubble, reduce the heat, and cook the quinces until they are soft.
- After it is done, add finely chopped parsley as a garnish on top of it and serve.
Combination of Lightness and Taste: Celeriac Salad
Celery Root, which is a great option for preparing soup or main course, is a vegetable that is also suitable for consumption as a salad. You can also give it a try for its low-calorie and nutritious value.
- 2 large celery roots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- A handful of chopped walnuts
For the toppings:
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- Fresh mint leaves
- 3 green peppers
- Peel and grate the celery roots well.
- Mix olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice and ground red pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the grated celery root over the mixture.
- Mix the coarsely chopped walnuts with the salad that you’ve prepared.
- Add finely chopped green pepper, parsley, and mint leaves, mix, and serve.
The Colorful World of Yogurt: Carrot Spinach Salad with Strained Yogurt
Yogurt is a good accompaniment to meals and one of the indispensable ingredients of practical recipes. This salad, which you will prepare with yogurt, draws attention to its deliciousness and lightness. Moreover, it offers you spinach and carrot, one of the most popular vegetables of autumn.
- 300 grams of spinach
- 4 tablespoons of strained yogurt
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
For the toppings:
- Red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 walnut kernels
- Chop the spinach and grate the carrots.
- After sautéing the carrot with olive oil in the pan, add the spinach and salt and cook it until it absorbs its water.
- Mix yogurt, crushed garlic, and salt in a deep bowl.
- Mix the spinach carrot sauté that you’ve prepared and wait till it's cooled down before adding the yogurt mixture.
- Heat the olive oil, walnuts, and chili peppers in a separate pot, pour over the yogurt mixture that you have prepared and serve.
An Autumn Classic: Pumpkin Dessert
When the crunchiness and delightfulness of the pumpkin are combined with the balancing flavor of milk, a delicious dessert emerges and that’s what we call a pumpkin dessert. This dessert, which is very easy to make, will leave a delicious taste on your palate!
- 1.5 kg of peeled pumpkin
- 1 cup of milk
- 2.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- Cut 1.5 kg of pumpkins into cubes, transfer them to a saucepan and pour 2.5 kg of granulated sugar on it.
- Cook the pumpkins, which release its juice after waiting for a day, over medium heat until it softens.
- Mix milk, flour, and oil in a bowl. Add the resulting mixture to the pumpkins.
- After it starts to boil, turn off the heat and place the pumpkins in the baking dish.
- Bake the pumpkins once again in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the top gets crispy.
- Serve the crispy pumpkin dessert that you have taken out of the oven, garnish it with walnuts and cinnamon if you desire.
These articles may also be of interest to you:
10 Foods That Increase Collagen Production In Our Body
Easy Dessert Recipes That Will Go Well with Your Coffee
Bread Recipes That You Will Enjoy Eating