ROOMS, HOUSEKEEPING, LAUNDRY SERVICE AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
Rooms And Housekeeping
- Field work without wearing gloves and mask is strictly prohibited. All areas are disinfected, ensuring that hygiene conditions are met not only for the areas used by guests but also for the areas used by employees. Hand disinfection devices are placed at the entrances of frequently used areas, and warnings are made and guidelines are provided for the use of disinfectants.
- The number of rooms per housekeeping employee is reduced for housekeepers to be able to thoroughly and effectively clean the rooms, and it is ensured that the hygiene rules in line with the Covid-19 period are applied.
- Disinfecting wipes are placed in each room for the personal use of guests.
- Arrangements have been made for disposable materials (shampoo, soap, shower cap, glasses, plates, cutlery etc.) to be used in the rooms.
- Housekeeping employees use disposable hygienic cloths and cleaning products during cleaning, and appropriate disinfection procedures are carried out for all materials that are used before the cleaning of the next room.
- The person who will clean the room wears gloves after washing his/her hands and cleaning is performed with gloves on. After each room cleaning, gloves are removed, hands are washed properly, and new gloves are worn before the cleaning of the next room.
- Employees who go to a room for cleaning ventilate the room before cleaning. The windows in the rooms and other closed areas remain open during the daily routine cleaning and the areas are ventilated for at least 1 hour after cleaning.
- After the rooms are vacated, they are left empty for at least 24 hours before they are used again.
- Clean air is provided 24 hours a day with our state-of-the-art ventilation systems and awning windows in rooms and common areas.
- The kettles and television and air conditioning remote controls in the rooms are disinfected after each guest leaves the room. Single-use hygiene packages are replaced.
- Care is taken to clean the surfaces that are frequently touched by hands
- such as door handles, batteries, handrails, frequently touched buttons, telephone handset, television and air conditioner remote controls, and toilets and sinks in common areas. For the cleaning of these areas, bleach (Sodium hypochlorite Cas No: 7681-52-9) which is diluted at a rate of 1:100 or a chlorine tablet (according to product description) is used after they are cleaned with water and detergent.
- Potentially contaminated surfaces such as toilet, sink and bathroom are sprayed with 0.1% sodium hypochlorite (bleach) with water and then washed with clean water after waiting for 10 minutes.
- The textile (duvet cover, bed sheet, towel, etc.) products used by the guest are folded. During this process, whisking and shaking are not performed since they may cause dust and particle formation.
- Daily cleaning control forms for rooms are filled and stored by the relevant manager after room cleaning.
- Hand sanitizers are available at the floor corridors, stairheads or near the elevators.
- After guests, who are understood or suspected to have been infected with Covid-19 during their accommodation, leave, the Room Cleaning and Disinfection Procedure which is prepared specifically for such situations, is applied for the room.
- Transfer trolleys used for clean and dirty laundry/textile are separated from each other and are regularly disinfected and recorded.
- After each shift, the laundry workers wear clean uniforms and protective overalls, and take a shower.
- Different linen groups are collected by being separated in designated transport trolleys or bags.
- In washing and drying processes, processes are carried out according to washing programs (pH, water hardness, temperature, water level, the period that the laundry contacts the detergent, machine filling rate, etc.). During the Covid-19 pandemic, textile products such as sheets and towels are washed in the washing machine with detergent at a temperature range of 60-90 degrees.
- Washing machines are operated empty with a general-purpose cleaner at designated intervals and a temperature of 60 degrees.
- It is ensured that clean textiles are packed at the exit point. They are preserved as unopened in packages until they arrive at their final destination.
- Clean textiles are packed at the exit of the laundry, loaded on designated clean cars and transferred to the area where they will be used.
- Employee uniforms are washed together with hotel textiles at the maximum temperature that the fabric will withstand.
- In all facilities, temperature-measuring systems have been installed at the entrances and exits. This allows the entrances to be controlled and the guests and personnel with the risk of Covid-19 are not taken into the facilities.
- All closed areas are provided with plenty of ventilation/air circulation support. Even though Covid-19 is not transmitted by air, the proper ventilation of the environment and regular cleaning of the air filters will ensure that it is prevented from being transmitted from person to person through small droplets that are inhaled by the nose or mouth.
- All elevators are operational and crowded use is prevented.
- Alternative solutions are developed for areas where the guests can touch with their hands, and hand contact to the door handles, elevator buttons, sinks/taps are reduced.
- Employees entering the room for repairs and renovations are checked. After repairs, the general hygiene rules are followed and reported.
- The level of chlorine in the pool water is maintained between 1-3 ppm in open pools and between 1 and 1.5 ppm in closed pools. The levels are periodically recorded.
- The ventilation systems in the rooms are checked to confirm that they work properly. The filters of the air conditioners are cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals and such activities are recorded.
- It is ensured that regular maintenance and repairs are performed for air conditioners in accordance with the instructions of their manufacturers.
- The technical equipment (microphone, radio, telephone, monitor etc.) in the meeting rooms is regularly disinfected.
- The frequency of the laboratory tests of the in-hotel drinking water, tap water, and water used in the pool and spa areas have been increased and approval documents are obtained from authorized institutions.
- The measures taken and procedures implemented by the department managers are constantly checked, recorded and reported to Elite World CARE and the managers of the relevant processes.