Nowadays we are getting ready for leaving cold winter days behind and meeting the spring. Although we are happy about it, we may face another danger: Hay fever! Hay fever, which shows up due to increase in density of the pollens in the air, is a nightmare for many. The pollens spreading in the atmosphere during the spring can reach to the respiratory tract and lungs via mouth and nose and to the eyes. This may lead sneeze seizures, nasal flow, eye redness and similar disturbances. So, what should we do to protect our body from the hay fever? Here are some recommendations to protect yourself from the hay fever...
- Wash your hands regularly. Remember that you touch different things during the day and your hands can be contaminated with bacteria.
- Stay inside during the mornings when the pollen level is high in the air or wear a mask.
- Take a shower at the end of the day. By doing that, you can purify your body from dust and pollens.
- Try to use filtered air conditioners and have your air conditioner serviced regularly.
- Do not open your apartment’s or car’s windows during the periods when the air is filled with pollen.
- Get rid of things that can cause accumulate dust in your home. If you cannot get rid of them, clean regularly and wear a mask during cleaning.
- You can put moisturizers such as balm, Vaseline on the edges of your nose in order to prevent dust and pollens from reaching your respiratory tract.
- During the periods when the pollen level is high in the air, do not dry your clothes outside. If you do so, dust and pollens adhere to your clothes.
- Be attentive to moisture the indoors filled with dry air. You can use electronic devices helping to moisturize the air.
- Smoking makes your body vulnerable to allergenic. Therefore, don’t smoke and avoid from places in which there are many smokers.
- Just you have your air conditioner in your house serviced, do the same for the air conditioner in your car.
- You can wear sunglasses and hats in order to prevent dust and pollens from adhering to your hair and eyes.
- Remember to wash all of your sheets and beddings with high temperatures.
- Instead of woolen and furry blankets, you can use synthetic and cotton ones. Rather than using houseware accumulating dust, prefer housewares produced from plastic and lather materials.
- You can take a walk on coasts instead of woodlands.
Hay fever is one of the most disturbing illness and reduces your life quality. It can rarely cause the serious problem such as respiratory insufficiency, as well. Therefore, these protection methods should definitely be applied. If the hay fever continues, consult a doctor.
These articles may also be of interest:
Ways to Wave Goodbye to Spring Fatigue
How to Nourish in the Spring?
8 Ways to Get Rid of the Burnout Syndrome
9 Energy-Boosting Foods to Kickstart Your Day