Chia seeds, which we usually see on diet lists, are among the integral parts of the healthy nutrition especially in recent years. It is impossible not to be surprised to the benefits of these tiny seeds to our healths! Chia seeds, which has numerous benefits on health thanks to its fiber and omega-3 oils, are originally grown in South America, and its use is common since almost the Aztec Civilization. Everything you need to know about this healthy food is in this article! Here are the great information about the chia seeds...
What is the chia seed?
The chia seed, native to South America, is originally a sage kind and, as you would expect, is derived from chia plant. Chia plant is a large plant and is generally grown in large lands. However, it can also be grown easily in garden and pots. Therefore, you may plant the chia seed by germinating, and then you may grow it in your house and consume its seeds. Since it is very popular in the recent years, you can buy it easily from the markets.
How do we consume the chia seeds?
Chia seeds, the first thing that the healthy nutrition reminds us, can be consumed by soaking in liquid, grinding or as raw. Its common use is to consume by soaking in milk, yogurt or water. When the seeds are left in liquid, they absorb the liquid and expand, and get a gel-like texture. You may consume it in a tasty manner. In its raw form, you may dredge onto your salads, desserts. In the grinding method, you may grind the seeds in a beater; then you may add it to the meals or desserts again or you can make a tea with it.
What are the benefits of chia seeds?
After we know Chia seed and learn how to consume it, now here are the benefits of chia seed... Followings are the benefits of chia seed on our health!
- Chia seed is a perfect source of protein.
- With its antioxidant content, it has significant benefits on skin health.
- Chia seed is a true source of fiber. In this way, it helps to control and lose weight.
- It also helps to enhance intestinal health with its rich fiber content.
- Chia seed is also very rich in omega-3. It supports brain health and protect from cancer.
- It is rich in terms of calcium and vitamin A. In this way, it supports teeth and bone health.
- It helps prevent diabetes by supporting the balance of blood sugar.
- It gives the feeling of fullness and gives energy.
- Chia seed increases good cholesterol; helps to lower bad cholesterol. This means that it is quite useful for cardiac health.
- It is rich in manganese known for its beneficial effect on bone health.
Bonus: Chia pudding with banana
We have just mentioned that you may use the chia seeds in your salads, meals and desserts. Because this healthy food has almost no taste. Actually, this provides us a serious ease of consumption. For this reason, we wanted to end our article with a delicious recipe for you. Here is the recipe of chia pudding with banana...
- 2 glasses of milk
- 6 table spoons of chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla
- 1 tea spoon of honey
Preparation: Add milk and chia seeds into a bowl. After mixing thoroughly, wait about half an hour in the fridge for the seeds to swell. Add the vanilla and honey into the pudding that comes to the gel consistency. Pass it through the beater to make it blend well. You may serve it in a small bowls by decorating with banana slices. Bon appetit!
This articles may interest you:
Everything You Need to Know About The Popular Nutrition Of The Recent Years, Kinoa
9 Useful Information That You Need to Know About Pomegrante