Insomnia is a very important problem especially for those who work very hard during the day and are very tired, and it effects their daily life. Sleeping duration varies between 7 and 11 hours depending on the person. However, one of every 3 persons has sleeping problem due to various reasons. When this problem reaches to disease level, person is effected both psychologically and physically. Sleeplessness named as insomnia, is observed highly in Turkey. In the people experiencing insomnia, problems such as a tendency to make mistake and accident, illness, fatigue, carelessness, dizziness, stomachache or weakness are observed and those are decreasing their quality of life.
Factors causing Insomnia
Insomnia which gets to the disease level has various reasons. Sleeping duration needed by each person is determined by their genes. In addition to this, your bedroom and your bed where you sleep every day are the factors which make your sleep longer or shorter. Consuming foods which drives sleep away before sleeping, reduces sleep durations as well as sleep quality.
Easy and Effective Solutioons for Insomnia
- The easiest solution you can apply for your insomnia problem is to get tired before you go to bed. Research has shown that children who play outside all day fall asleep faster than children who sit on the computer. This also applies to adults. Therefore, adults should also get tired all day before they go to the bed. By exercising regularly or taking care of housework, you can make your body tired.
- Undoubtedly, the biggest task in dealing with insomnia falls into the bedroom. You can take this problem out of your room by reorganizing your bedroom. You should throw the distracting things, if any, such as TV or computer away from your bed room. You should prefer the curtains which enable your bedroom dark when you turn off the lights.
- Having your bed relaxed and comfortable also enhances your sleep quality and your sleep duration. If you are using your bed for a long time, you may consider renewing it and you should make a bed choice that will make your body comfortable. Before you buy a bed, you should remember make a deep research about it.
- You should prepare yourself for sleep and lay down your bed. You should forget the cases which fray your nerves and make you worried and if possible, you should not talk about these issues before you lay down. Instead, you should take a warm shower then you should prepare yourself for sleep by listening music or reading a book.
- Another solution for removing insomnia is to have regular sleep and to get up early. You can get rid of this problem by sleeping and getting up at the same time every day. When you get up early, your body will get tired until the night and you will need to sleep as soon as you get into bed.
- Other suggestions which you should do before you get into bed, include reducing nicotine intake, limiting alcohol intake and reducing caffeine intake. Besides, you should never watch horror or thriller movies before you go to sleep.
If you have tried every method you know and you have no remedy, the rightest thing is to consult a specialist immediately. If your advanced insomnia is on its way to become a disease, your specialist will give you the necessary dose of sleeping pills. While you are taking your sleeping pills, you must not use more than the dose instructed by your specialist. Otherwise, you would invite other disease than insomnia. Therefore, you should take your pills regularly and observe your specialist's recommendations throughout the treatment process.
These articles may also be of interest to you:
Dietary Tips for a Healthy Life
9 Energy Foods to Give You an Energetic Start to the Day
The Enormous Effects of Dietary Habits on Our Psychology
11 Foods with Detoxifying Effects