Fall is a season of transition when it is sunny and when it is rainy at times. And such fluctuations leave us defenseless against illnesses. Because in this season, our body starts to experience difficulties with adapting. That’s why investing in our health always pays off in fall. In fall, the immunity system must be kept strong through a healthy diet. So, what can you do to avoid getting ill during the fall? Here are the answers...
What can you do to avoid getting ill during the fall?
- Many people tend to consume sugary foods in the gloomy and rainy weather in fall. Sugary foods should be avoided as an improper diet will weaken the body’s immunity.
- During this season, legumes rich in vitamin B, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, meat and dairy products should be consumed.
- Many people neglect their daily recommended water intake thinking the body does not lose water in fall. Besides, people tend to drink warmer drinks during this season. It should be borne in mind that hot drinks such as tea and coffee are no replacement for water. And beverages such as tea and coffee can cause the body to lose water.
- The body should definitely be strengthened against the influenza that may occur in fall. Therefore, vitamin and mineral intake is very important. Care should be taken to consume food that contain all kinds of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C as part of a varied diet.
- In order to prevent serious illnesses and free radicals, antioxidant food products should be consumed regularly.
- Spices such as thyme, ginger, turmeric and black pepper can be added to meals, though in moderation, to overcome feeling cold. Of course, if you have any stomach problems, it is necessary to be more careful with the use of spices.
- Another issue that needs to be paid as much attention as diet in fall is hygiene. Organizing everyday habits in fall should also include steps to protect against diseases. You should make a point of letting fresh air into the environment where you spend your time, and hand hygiene and personal hygiene are also very important.
- The natural remedies of flu and cold include foods such as tomatoes, apricots, apples, grapes, pomegranate and oranges.
- Getting quality sleep becomes even more important in fall. Because there is a strong link between sleep and the immune system. People with irregular and poor quality sleep may have their immune system compromised which may increase the risk of infections.
- In fall, the body should also be supported through intake of omega-3 oil. And therefore, fish products should be consumed once or twice a week. Walnuts, almonds and whole grain products can also be consumed.
- Besides, you should make moderate exercise part of your daily routine in fall. Exercise strengthens the immune system and increases energy.
- During the fall, it also matters what clothes you choose to wear. You should be wearing clothes that are neither too thin or thick.
- And it should not be forgotten that many diseases are transmitted through the mouth. And so, never neglect your mouth and teeth health.
These articles may also be of interest to you: