Employees who are under the stress of being in a business environment where the digital world and social media are involved in the business life, may experience a problem of distractibility. Distractibility is a situation that affects the work experience of many employees negatively. Knowing the causes and harms of the lack of attention also involves how to interfere with it. Let’s take a closer look at the distractibility. Here are the reasons of distractibility and things to do to get rid of the distractibility...
What are the causes of distractibility?
Here are the reasons of distractibility:
- Physical: When we are tired, hungry and sick, we may experience distractibility.
- Emotional: A strong emotional state that we may live during the day can cause distractibility.
- Psychological: Not feeling in safe or such situations may trigger the distractibility.
What should be done in order to avoid distractibility in office?
Here are the things to be done in order to avoid distractibility in the office:
- Above all, get rid of the sitting and table order that will distract and trigger distractibility.
- Have small snacks in your car or your desk to eliminate hunger-related distractibility.
- One of the best ways to eliminate distractibility is to change the focal point. Take care to take small breaks or walkings when you experience such conditions. Make sure that those walkings do not tire you.
- Try to stay away from stressful situations and remember that such situations are natural conditions in the office environment.
- One of the most important situations that trigger the distractibility is taking care of several things. Try to focus on one thing to make the best of your work and avoid distraction.
- Make sure to turn off the notifications of your computer and phone that may trigger distractibility.
- If you know about breathing techniques, take care to do it.
- Try to inspire yourself to focus your attention psychologically.
- If you are working at home, make an office environment at home. This will allow you to focus your attention in one direction.
- During the day, it is usual to talk on the phone for business purposes. However, when it comes to business life, being constantly in personal communication may be distractive. Therefore, you can inform the people you are communicating that you are working.
- If you are working on a job, set a timeframe for this work. This action enables you to focus at best.
- If music distracts you then pause listening to music. (You may read this article about this topic: Is Listening to Music Useful while Working? Or is it Distractive?)
- In order to avoid triggering distractibility, you may tell your colleague that you like to talk with him/her but there is an issue that you need to focus on.
- If you have a television in your workplace then try to watch that on mute.
These articles may interest you: