Living in small spaces has some advantages, but keeping a tiny house tidy takes extra effort. Sometimes, even if your home is not very small, you may want to have areas that feel simpler, more spacious, and spacious. In fact, with a few minor changes, it is possible to open new areas to save your home from clutter and achieve a more spacious appearance.
1.When It's About Storage, Go Up As Much As Possible
You can use the walls, even the ceiling, even if you have no space left on the floor. Safely fixed shelves that rise towards the roof, boxes or baskets to be placed on these shelves can store bed linen, seasonal clothes, or unused toys for guests.
2. If You Can't Get Up, Go Down!
One of the most straightforward solutions in the home organization is to add storage areas under your furniture. Especially in the bedroom, these can be very useful. If your bed has a base, this will be an excellent storage area, and if not, you can use these areas by buying stylish boxes under your bed. Again, you can use the bottom of your seats for the same purpose.
3. Evaluate the Walls
You can hang your summer hats, some kitchen utensils, keys, and even shoes on the wall instead of trying to put them in cabinets that no longer have space. Thus, it is possible to obtain a non-disturbing and even decorative appearance by using stylish hooks and apparatus. One of the most suitable places for this solution can be the entrance and corridors of your home.
4.Use Over Your Headboard
We usually prefer to hang a painting on the wall above the bed. Well, have you ever thought of using this place by putting a shelf? You can set your books, glasses, and similar items you read before going to sleep at night on a frame that you will place right above your bed headboard. With the color and material you choose, this place can create a lovely look.
5.Think of Unusual Places
The back of the doors and the refrigerator side are also among the alternatives to create storage at home and provide a more spacious appearance thanks to these areas. You can install towel hooks in these areas or add shelves to gain more functional storage spaces than you can imagine. These will also add color and movement to your home.
6. Bring Confidential and Open Storage Together
Do not hesitate to choose open shelves as well as covered storage areas. It is crucial to keep the items you use the most in the most accessible places. For these types of things, choose open storage areas, shelves at eye level, or baskets that you can keep at hand.
7. Have You Ever Thought Behind The Mirror or Over Your Washing Machine?
We are not talking about the old model medicine cabinets in our parents' homes. They are also significant storage areas for our medicines and personal care items, but nowadays, there are many more elegant storage solutions for bathrooms. Sliding mirrors, cabinets mounted on the washing machine, and the like can give your home a very spacious look. Items such as cleaning products, personal care products, towels can be kept here regularly.
8. Make Your Slogan "Narrow and Long"
Nowadays, wall ladders are very fashionable for hanging textiles or for use in the kitchen with metal baskets attached. Because they do not take up much space, and they provide an advantage as they rise upwards. You can also store many products from your towels to ketchup bottles on these ladders. Do not forget that they will add a stylish atmosphere to your home as they look very decorative. Narrow and tall cabinets and shelves, such as the ladder example, can also save you space.
9.Try Furniture That Can Be Used For Multiple Purposes
Here are just some of the hundreds of examples that come to mind:
- Cedars that can be used as six cabinets
- Dowry chests from your grandmother that you can use to put your belongings and place your TV on it or make a coffee table in the living room.
- Stairsteps designed to be used as drawers at the bottom or as cabinets on the sides
- Stairs that turn into a chair when folded
- Poufs with compartments to hold goods inside
- Table solutions that can be folded to the wall in the appearance of a cabinet door and opened when needed
- Shelved room partition panels
- Coffee tables that can be used for both eating and working, with feet under the seats
- Upgradeable coffee tables that can be used as both coffee tables and dining tables
- Bunk beds on the upper floor that can be used as a bed, the lower floor as a desk or sofa
It is possible to create a more spacious look in your home with this type of furniture.